Thursday, November 20, 2008

What is the Divine Feminine?


As we come into this new age of Aquarius, many of us ask what will the world look like as the feminine comes back into balance with the masculine? Of course no one can totally know but we can notice the trends and patterns that seem to be coming into the foreground.

The Piscean Age was about power and control. It created the suppression of the feminine. But as we go into the Aquarian Age we notice a distinct shift in the perception of women. We cannot help but notice how the feminine influence is taking the reins of power and how that begins to shift the dance of life, politics, war, and money into a different focus and perspective.

When you talk to women it seems that the feminine does not want to take over but it wants to come back into balance with the masculine energy on the planet. Within each of us are a masculine and feminine parts. We have moments when we need to move with direction and clarity (which is our masculine) and we have moments when we want to flow and be creative (which is our feminine). This time is about redefining what the classical divine feminine wants to look like and how that energy wants to express itself in this new age of openness and creativity.

I must admit that my process of uncovering the feminine within me has been a great challenge. As a child I identified with my father's power and magnetism. It seemed much more powerful to be sure of myself and to have a mission and purpose in my life. But what I noticed is that it was exhausting for me to try to run my energy constantly through my masculine part. It is not that I cannot do it. I do it quite well. But I was getting sick with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, bronchitis, cysts on my overies, etc.

Eventually, I had to take a good look at what I was doing and begin to take responsibility that I had been in denial of my feminine self. But that was very difficult to address. To me being feminine looked weak and emotional. I thought those traits would not be good for success in my life.

But I was wrong. Not just about the feminine being weak and emotional but about how the denial of my feminine might allow me to have more success in my life. Because success can be measured in many ways. I had been gauging success from the masculine angle rather than the feminine version of what felt like success and happiness.

Now, each person is different. You can be in a feminine body and really have more masculine traits and flows of energy. So in this case, their being in their masculine might be very true for this person. But in my case the denial of my feminine was causing me harm and actually not allowing the fullest expression of my being to emerge. I felt uptight, stressed, rigid, inflexible, tired, unloved, and not good enough.

What I realized is that I am a terrible man. But I am a fantastic woman!

I had to learn how to let her out and how to find the true feminine expression in my life. I realized that I did not need it to look like the stereotypes of my childhood. I could have it look however was authentic for me. The trick was giving myself permission to find what that really looked like.

For the last 2000 years the feminine had been suppressed and distorted from its true expression. I had to allow myself to let go of all that control I had learned and find my own organic flow. I will admit that it was scary. I made many mistakes. I fell into many traps and past genetic patterns of expression that I had seen from the feminine line of my family. But slowly something began to soften inside and change began to move in new ways.

I discovered that being in my feminine I had a lot more energy and it was so much easier to be me. I felt more true to myself and therefore I had more energy to give to others as I could feel myself loving myself. The acceptance allowed me to feel good enough and so I was able to reflect that feeling to others when I was giving them a reading or healing session. I slept better. I became more flexible and so I could naturally allow others to be what ever they wanted to be in my presence. That in of itself created such tremendous opportunities for others to stretch and feel safe enough in my presence that they would spontaneously open more to their true nature and that caused explosions of awareness and happiness to spiral out into the world.

It has been an amazing adventure to experience. What was more amazing is how easy it actually was.

So take a moment and give yourself permission to allow your feminine to guide your life for the day. This is of course for the women. But men if you want to give it a go, try it. We are both. We are on a planet of duality. It is always helpful to be able to be masculine at work and feminine when you want to be creative. But let go of what you think you are and try on a new perspective. You might just enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home