Monday, January 17, 2011

Settling into Northern California


Well I am settling into the new reality of being in Northern California. I am sitting here in the redwoods watching the fog roll in and feeling so blessed to be in a new space.

I am not remotely unpacked. So much is still in boxes and in storage but I want to have a different experience of reality and my goal is to allow myself to slow down and enjoy the moments.

Perhaps it is because I am 50 and I just want to have a life that is about having time to connect to friends in a real way, to have time to hang out, and to be at peace. Regardless, it is bliss. I feel that now I can slow down enough to hear the deeper calling of my innermost self.

I do not have any answers but I also do not feel the need to find anything. The experience of life and presence of this divine moment is all that is required. I so wish that each of you had a moment in your life to feel the perfection of who you are in the present. There is a place touched by that acceptance that is beyond words and allows a deeper appreciation of all that you are to unfold in all its magnificence.

Each morning I take a run with the dog up the hill and back down. It is not a huge event but it is invigorating and I love to see the bliss and joy in a dogs but as he is running up the hill ahead of me, occasionally looking back to see how far I have lagged behind, and then with his slap happy tongue hanging out of his mouth urging me onward into the joy of the smells and passions of this moment. It is all divinely perfect. The dog knows it and so do I.

I find that clients are feeling the shift in positive ways, as I am not so pushed to navigate clients back to back. I have more time to gently explore the places and options for each person.

I hope you are all having a wonderful direction shifting time also. I look forward to hearing your stories.

5 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Victoria's Secret said...

i am so happi for you. had no idea we were both moving to calif albeit different ends. i will be in laguna feb 22. i miss you already, but feel comforted by your blog. you have given me strength, and courage and joy.saturn has almost killed me, but truly made me stronger and i know it's not done yet. i am better and have made quantum leaps in my spiritual growth. it is an inside job.
as joseph campbell says i had to let go life i had planned in order to live the life waiting for me (or something like that!)
Bless you Suzanne for being in our lives...
Victoria

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Suzanne Wagner said...

Thank you so much for your comment. I am glad that you are weathering this tremendous shift for you. I also am letting my old self die to allow something totally new to spring forth. Together we journey into this new space.

Thank you again.

Suzanne Wagner

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger dianec said...

Congratulations on your big move! We moved to the Bay Area from SLC three years ago and couldn't be happier. I feel a freedom here, a peace, and yes, the beauty. the move wasn't always easy but was the exact right thing to happen. And it's fun having you in the area - my husband and I both saw you a couple times in SLC and read your Catalyst column religiously. I'll blow a kiss out the front door to welcome you to California. Diane

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Suzanne Wagner said...

Thanks Victoria! I feel better here also. More open. More relaxed. I can move at a slower pace that is conducive to my next steps (Whatever that is!). Thanks for the comment.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Suzanne Wagner said...

Dear Victoria:

Yes. I am usually in Southern California the first weekend of each month. But in April and May I am going on an adventure to India, Bhutan, and Nepal. I am so excited! It should be magical. Thanks for sending the wave to me through the blog. I am allowing myself to be in the not knowing place. It is peaceful at the moment.

Suzanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home