Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer is Here!


On Wednesday I had my Golden Braid Lecture which is a Psychic Questions and Answers Session. We must have had about 30 people. That was very busy for this event. It went great and I love when I can create win/win situations for bookstores and the public.

But at the end I was exhausted. I hope that everyone was satisfied with the process. It was a lot of fun!

If you have not yet read the book, "Finding Freedom", by Jay Jarvis Masters, I highly recommend it.

It is a true life experience of a man on death row in San Quentin prison. It is a story of redemption through the process of Buddhist meditation and spiritual practices while incarcerated.

I think anyone who has a child that is getting into trouble or having problems should read this memoir. It would be a wonderful wake up call and show anyone the tremendous challenges and problems that are in prisons. In prison, situations are more difficult and life threatening not less. It gives a wonderful representation of a life behind bars with no posturing or defensiveness. Jay Jarvis Masters does not complain about his situation. Instead, he has figured out how to turn this terrible life pattern back around into one of redemption and spiritual growth.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

This week I am just getting back to my regular routine after being in California working and playing. It was nice to have a break and get some much needed time in. I spent time in Santa Cruz along the boardwalk, went to the Redwoods in Mill Valley, had a picnic by Point Reyes. It was a lovely time.

I am attempting to put together a trip to go to Bhutan in the fall. I have always wanted to go. But it is a very expensive trip. I am hoping that I can pull it off. The Himalaya's have called to me for a long time. Hopefully this is the year to go.

I will be teaching a Tarot class on June 28-29 at my house so any that are interested please sign up soon as the space is limited to about 7 people.

Have a wonderful summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home