Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, its the day before Thanksgiving and I hope everyone is going to have a fabulous extended weekend. I am going over to a friends house for dinner and I am looking forward to not having to do the whole dinner. Yea! However, I am bringing pies, carrot cake, and wine to help with the meal.

I am finally feeling better after about 6 weeks of battling getting the flu from the flu shot and then two consecutive bouts of a sinus infection. My energy is still low and so I am way behind on getting back into my tennis routine but everytime I started to sweat and get chilled in the cooler air of Salt Lake City, I went down again. So, I have just let it go for the moment. I am planning on playing on Fri and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out well.

I am excited to see how my new class on Sex, Love, Intimacy, and Relationships is going to go. I have been working on some information to give at the workshop. So far so good. At least I will have some time to work on it during the Thanksgiving holiday.

It is also my godson, Yale, birthday today. He is the big 18 years old! I called and gave him a crazy Happy Birthday song on his voice message system. My assistant heard me do it this morning and he started laughing. He said, "You are such a nut!"

I laughed and said, "Yep, that is why you all love me!"

Most people think that psychics have to be so mystical, dark, and intense. I believe that light, love, humor, and fun is the way to be. I think a sure sign that someone is not in an enlightened state is the loss of humor and light. Seriousness is a sign that you are caught in the drama of life and are not able to step into an objective perspective in order to find clarity.

Years ago, I was in Peru with 40 clients on a spiritual trip that I had put together. It was total chaos as we were checking into the hotel. The Peruvian shaman (three all together) were sitting down watching me deal with all the drama of clients wanting this or that. I was laughing and dancing within the chaotic situation well and having fun with the dramas that some need to create in order to feel special, important, or to just get my attention.

Anyway, I noticed the shaman pointing at me and whispering to each other as they were looking at me. When the situation slowed down. I went over to them and said with a smile, "Okay, What is so interesting!"

The smiled and said that in their traditions they believe that demons cannot hang out around laughter. They had decided that there was not a demon within 50 miles of me!

I laughed and agreed!

So during this holiday season with the natural family dramas that are sure to ensue. Remember to have a sense of humor and take yourself and others lightly! Recognize that some of the patterns within family are ways that some people need to get attention or love. They may not know another way. Try to look beyond the behavior to their true hearts desire. Then speak and connect to them in that way and see if their behavior changes. You might just be surprised!

Have a wonderful beginning of the holiday season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home