Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Destruction of Enlightenment


I am finally feeling the positive shift of the energy that has been breaking down the old for myself and so many others. I understand on a new level how the quest for enlightenment requires the destruction of the old self and ego. There is a place of surrender that happens when enough breakdown has happened that there is really nothing left to loose. At that moment there is an ecstatic release of energy that transforms the pain into awareness and understanding. I feel I am getting a few clues into that arena now. I am grateful for the destructive patterns that have unraveled the old in order to bring in the new. We never know what that transformation will look like. It never looks the way our ego wants it to look and yet there is a perfection in the unfolding of our being that is raw, beautiful, divine, and accepting. Sending this message out to all those who are also walking down the pathway of ego death into the unknown possibility of being. This picture inspired me and I hope it does you also.

I love this quote.

Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It’s seeing through the facade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.

2 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger bereceptive said...

Or as I just heard my teacher say,(I'm paraphrasing) "Enlightenment is not the be-all/end all. In actuality, it is just one more thing for the mind to chew on, to work toward. In reality you are already One with Consciousness."

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Suzanne Wagner said...

Yes, One of my teachers said, "When you become enlightened you realize that you always were."

Thanks for the comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home