Friday, April 04, 2014

Blog for Wild Women Light 4/5/14

Quote
"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind."
~Caroline Myss~

Blog
In my twenties, I was being a ballet dancer and I was deep into my meditation and spiritual practice. I was determined to quiet the mind and find the pathway to enlightenment. At that young age it seemed so simple and uncomplicated to do that. I have to laugh at my naiveté now. But I was managing to learn some mental discipline and control over thoughts. One meditation I asked the angels, “If I could do one simple thing to help me awaken, what would that be?” They answered, “Eat one apple each morning.”
I thought that sounded crazy. Why would an angel tell me such a ridiculous thing? I must have been making it up and I was not as clear as I thought.
It was only many years later that I discovered that apples, clean out your intestines, balance your blood sugar, stabilize hypoglycemia, and clean out a lot of body systems. All of which I needed the whole time. It is sometimes the simple things that we reject. If an angel was trying to help and was trying so hard to keep it simple and uncomplicated, I have to congratulate my angel in doing a fabulous job. But my mind wanted it to be more complicated. Minds love to complicate things. Reality is often much more simple. As you get older you need less and less. Not because of anything but the realization that most acquiring is all about ego. When it gets down to the basics we do not need much to live and be happy. Commercials and advertising feed into that ego place of having power through things. But true power comes from knowing when to keep it simple, to not over think things, and to find happiness in all moments.
~Suzanne Wagner~

Video
Mind Blowing Guitarist – Estas Tonne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home