Tuesday, October 01, 2013

INTUITIVE PATTERNS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2013


The theme this month seems to be the energy of the trapeze artist suspended in the void, reaching into thin air and not knowing if there is something of substance on the other side.
Life is often like this. Trust with no guarantees. There are moments in which it is more pronounced and October is one of them.
As we come upon the lunar eclipse in Aries on October 18th, it seems that we are being asked to look at our attachments to people, things, beliefs, and circumstances. The word attachment means, “to nail”. To what are nailing yourself? It is very difficult to not long for things of great joy and pleasure from the past. But it is the nature of this world to create change. What you try to possess actually possesses you. Anything no matter how nourishing, if held onto for too long, becomes toxic.
But letting go makes us feel vulnerable and uncomfortable. It causes us worry and the desire to try to control our circumstances and others. In those moments I have to remind myself that when I am in a place of expectation I cannot see opportunities that present themselves. How can we enjoy each and every moment and yet not be attached to if it stays or goes? This is the ongoing struggle we each experience in life.
I have found that the universe gives me people and situations for periods of time and when I have learned the lessons those energies naturally go away. That can be very frustrating but at this point it has happened so many times that I accept that it is the nature of all things and the nature of truth.
As I grow, my connections with others have to adapt and shift. Each of us has gifts to share with others. None of us have all the answers for anyone. We might have pieces and precious moments of clarity but ultimately each of us is on our own unique journey.
We can become an awakener at any moment to anyone who is ready for what we offer. But we cannot control those moments or what others will do with our words and actions. It is up to each of us to walk with as much clarity and integrity, with an open heart, and peaceful spirit.
You cannot totally understand another’s perspective. You can have a glimpse into their reality but they are walking a path unique to themselves. For moments in time we walk that pathway together and then inevitably… we must part. In those moments of loss and grief I remind myself of the beauty and joy that was shared and I hold it dear in my heart. But I allow that person and situation to be like a hummingbird that needs to fly and needs to be free. Even my love can become a cage that does not allow a soul to find autonomy and self worth.
When I look within, I know that I want that person to feel as full and as powerful as they can be in this life. I do not want them to feel they need to take care of my feelings. I am here to take care of my feelings.
When love is shared from a place of respect and honor the old patterns of co-dependency and neediness dissolve into the place of stable groundedness where compassion is the key, love is the door, and presence is all that is required in the moment.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home